ISHRAE started at Delhi in 1981 and a Chapter was started in Bangalore during 1989. Between 1989 & 1993, ISHRAE Chapters were formed in all major cities in India and also in the Middle East.
Board of Governors
The board of Governors comprises of
• The President
• President Elect
• Immediate Past President
• Regional Director, East
• Regional Director, West
• Regional Director, North
• Regional Director, South
ISHRAE Foundation Trust was formed in 1995, mainly to consolidate the Society's resources and to channel them on Projects necessary to achieve the Aims and Objectives, as listed below.
Aims and Objects
• Advancement of the sciences of Heating, Refrigerating and Air conditioning Engineering and related Sciences.
• Continuing Education of interested persons in said sciences through lectures, demonstrations and publications.
• Rendition of Career Guidance and Financial Assistance to students of said Sciences.
• Encouragement of Scientific Research.
• To impart Education in the fields of Air-Conditioning, Refrigeration and Allied Sciences by conducting Training Courses, Workshops, Seminars and to award Diplomas or Certificates.
• To establish facilities for Testing, Rating, Certification of Air-conditioning, Refrigeration, and allied equipment and Systems.
• To offer consultancy services in the areas of Education and Training in said sciences.
• To disseminate and make available to the Government, Industry, and General Public information relating to said sciences through Papers, Reports and Periodic Publications.
ISHARE DMCE STUDENT CHAPTER was established on August 23, 2007.